School and Community Outdoor Playground Inspector Certification
Through this self-paced, four-week online course, you’ll become a School and Community Outdoor Play Inspector, enabling you to inspect outdoor play area settings for children ages 5 to 12 years.
Through standards and guidelines from the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), the National Association for Youth Sports (NAYS), the National Clearinghouse for Educational Facilities (NCEF), and the National Program for Playground Safety (NPPS), you’ll learn how to inspect the outdoor play environment for:
- Appropriate developmental design
- ADA compliance
- Layout for supervision
- Appropriate learning environments
- Safe environmental design
- Suitable surfacing materials
- Athletic fields, fitness equipment, and asphalt areas
This course is designed to support those areas that may benefit from inspection knowledge: elementary education professionals, parks and recreation staff, human resources or risk management professionals, playground maintenance technicians, insurance agents, or legal professionals.
- 12 hours of health and safety training
- Read and review online training module content and reading assignments
- Pass module quizzes content
- Complete playground inspection and written report
- Pass a final exam covering
Successful completion of this course results in an School, Community and Youth Outdoor Play Inspector Certification, 12 hours of health and safety training, and identification on NPPS’s National Registry. Upon request 1.2 CEUs are available.
Additional class sessions may be added for groups of 10 or more. Please contact NPPS for more information by calling 1-800-554-PLAY.
Questions? Read our Online Courses FAQ.