Early Childhood Online Inspector Course
Through this self-paced, four-week course, you’ll become a Certified Early Childhood Outdoor Play Inspector, enabling you to inspect outdoor play areas in early childhood settings for children ages birth to 5 years.
With standards and guidelines from the the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Headstart and Early Headstart, Environmental Rating Scales, National Health and Safety Performance Standards (NHSPS), and the National Program for Playground Safety (NPPS), you’ll learn how to inspect the outdoor play environment for:
- Appropriate developmental design
- ADA compliance
- Layout for supervision
- Appropriate learning environments
- Safe environmental design
- Suitable surfacing materials
- Equipment maintenance of common equipment, toys, and loose parts
This course is designed to support those areas that may benefit from inspection knowledge: early childhood health and safety inspectors, educators, administrators, human service professionals, playground maintenance technicians, insurance agents, and legal professionals.early childhood programs, human services professionals, playground maintenance technicians, insurance agents, or legal professionals.
- 12 hours of health and safety training
- Read and review online training module content and reading assignments
- Pass module quizzes content
- Complete playground inspection and written report
- Pass a final exam covering
Successful completion of this course results in an Early Childhood Outdoor Play Inspector Certification, 12 hours of health and safety training, and identification on NPPS’s National Registry. Upon request 1.2 CEUs are available.
Additional class sessions may be added for groups of 10 or more. Please contact NPPS for more information by calling 1-800-554-PLAY.
Questions? Read our Online Courses FAQ.