Early Childhood Program Inspector Recertification Course
Through successful completion of this course, you’ll maintain your Certified Early Childhood Outdoor Play Inspector designation, which enables you to continue to inspect outdoor play areas in early childhood settings for children ages birth to 5 years as a certified inspector.
Inspectors looking to recertify will coordinate with one of our staff members to demonstrate current inspector activity. You’ll also be provided resources on updated safety practices from leading researchers in the field on:
- Health and safety components in the outdoor space
- Appropriate developmental design
- ADA compliance
- Layout for supervision
- Appropriate learning environments
- Safe environmental design
- Suitable surfacing materials
- Equipment maintenance of common equipment, toys, and loose parts
This course is designed to support those that have already become a certified inspector through the National Program on Playground Safety and must be completed no later than four months past the certification expiration date.
- Submission of a current inspection report, dated within six months of renewal application
- Documentation of activities performed as an inspector
- Review of current inspection processes and safety guidelines
Successful completion of this course results in an Early Childhood Outdoor Play Inspector Certification and identification on our National Registry.
Additional class sessions may be added for groups of 10 or more. Please contact NPPS for more information by calling 1-800-554-PLAY.
If participants would like print materials there is an additional $75 charge. For information on these materials please, call 1-800-554-PLAY (7529).
Questions about this course? Read our Online Recertification Courses FAQ.