The National Program for Playground Safety brings you interactive online courses that cover a variety of topics on developing and maintaining safe and appropriate play environments for children. Courses are run through the University of Northern Iowa’s online learning system and can be taken on your own time at your own pace. CEUs are available.
Upon completion of all course requirements participants will receive a certificate from our national organization. Our courses have been approved for training credit by multiple state licensing agencies. Please contact your licensing agency with any questions on training credit approval specific to your state.
Visit our Online Course Help page for more information on the online learning environment.
Courses currently taking registrations:
- Playground Supervision for Child Care Providers
- Early Childhood Outdoor Play Inspectors Program Certification Course
- Recertification for Early Childhood Outdoor Play Inspectors
- Elementary Schools and Youth/Community Programs Certification Course
- Re-Certification for School & Youth/Community Programs Playground Inspectors
- Certified Supervisor for Outdoor Environment
The following courses are developed but no offerings are currently scheduled. If you have a large group interested in scheduling one of these courses or are in need of additional information on these trainings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Playground Supervision Training for Elementary Schools
- Playground Maintenance for Front-Line Workers