Supervision Training Workshops
The supervision training workshops are designed to cover the ABC's of playground supervision. Participants will learn:
- How to analyze the playground for potential problems and hazards.
- What constitutes unsafe play behavior by children.
- How to effectively monitor play areas through active movement and scanning.
- What methods of communication to use in emergency situations.
- How to develop an effective supervision plan to reduce injuries and provide S.A.F.E. play.
Workshops are available on a contractual basis in half day (approximately 4 hours) or one day (8 hours) format and are conducted by NPPS certified instructors. In addition, each participant will receive a comprehensive workbook of supervision information. For complete costs and availability contact: Dr. Susan Hudson, NPPS Education Director, at Susan.Hudson@uni.edu or at 1-800-554-7529.